Sunday 13 December 2009

Week 11: Somersaults!


This week we saw Bean for the second time. He was happily somersaulting in my belly when we did the 11-week ultrasound at the hospital. It was amazing to see him after a couple of weeks since my first scan, because the image this time was so clear. I saw his head, watched him moving his arms and legs, flipping and turning, checked out his rear view, it was great and I could only wish I could see this everyday!

My nausea is gradually subsiding and I have been sleeping better. My tummy is growing rapidly and I think I'm going to need some really large bottoms soon. Although I can still fit into my jeans, they are starting to feel increasingly tight and uncomfortable. 

I'm travelling home next week and have been worrying about not having anything comfortable to wear on the flight. So a few days ago, R looked through his cupboard and found a pair of his jogging bottoms for me to wear. I don't know about you, but I think it's just so sad I have to resort to wearing my husband's trousers! 

On Thursday, I freaked out a bit because I was spotting in the evening. I phoned up the midwife who said there was no cause for concern unless there was a lot of it accompanied by cramping. Still, if I was concerned she said, I should either go and see my GP or go straight into A&E.

Thankfully, there was nothing more after that one episode (fingers crossed) and I have been ever so careful watching my steps (I am so clumsy I often trip) and giving myself plenty of time to get to places so I don't have to hurry and feel stressed. 

With the 12th week approaching and signalling the diminished risk of miscarriage, we are beginning to tell more and more people about the pregnancy, including close friends and colleagues whom we have kept it from till now. 

And most of their responses were, "Oh my god!" 

1 comment:

Annabel said...

Congrats! Just got your Christmas card and decided to check out your blog :) Thanks and hope pregnancy treats you well! It's fascinating to read about something I find so foreign hehe