Monday 15 February 2010

Week 20: Food glorious food!


I'm sorry, this has to be a short entry.

I have been too busy pigging out on the delicious local food since I got back to Singapore on Wednesday and who has time to blog? And oh, my bloating and indigestion? WHAT bloating and indigestion? It has been miraculously cured since I got back home! These days I simply walk around smacking my lips and wearing a contented idiotic grin plastered on my face.

The flight home was smooth and uneventful, and I even got to have chicken rice for dinner on the plane. However I found it difficult to sleep or get comfortable as I constantly felt hot and breathless on board.

Bean was well-behaved throughout the journey but he was very restless on my second night in Singapore, kicking me so hard during the night that I could actually see my tummy move. I know it when he is unhappy because he affects my mood too and when he starts throwing a tantrum in my belly I will be grumpy the whole day.

Yesterday afternoon we decided to test if Bean could respond to touch and I tried tapping my belly. After a little while I could feel Bean wriggling around and then he gave us a few good strong kicks which proved he could sense vibrations.

I am already starting to have trouble getting comfortable in bed even now when I don't have a particularly large belly and I am seriously wondering how I will be able to cope as I enter the third trimester.

I don't know how to explain the feeling of carrying all this extra weight around my waist. I suppose the closest description would be: it's how one would feel after having 10 big plates of food at an all-you-can-eat buffet.

No comments: