Sunday 7 March 2010

Week 23: New problems!

The pregnancy is getting more difficult as I am about to enter my 6th month. 

I am getting more breathless carrying around the bump. Standing up straight stretches the skin around my belly and makes it very uncomfortable. My back aches because I have extra weight in the middle. 

I am experiencing leg cramps at night, having problems with my teeth (although this could have nothing to do with being pregnant), feeling more tired, having trouble getting a good night's sleep or getting into a comfortable position in bed. 

But the good things are: I am still having good skin and hair, my appetite has picked up, I am able to enjoy sex again and my breasts are no longer tender. 

Bean continues to be very active throughout the day. He kicks me in the cervix (weird sensation that is), in the bladder (makes me sometimes want to wet myself), pokes me in my belly button, underneath my rib cage and in either side of my belly. I can now make out whether he's changing positions or moving his limbs around, but I haven't felt him hiccuping yet. 

This week we: 
  • stocked up on nappies when they were on sale
  • got our second-hand Quinny Buzz pushchair, carry cot and foot muff 
  • booked our place on the antenatal training course in April
Our upcoming project is to spruce up the house and get it ready for Bean, I can't wait to get started!

No comments: