Monday 5 April 2010

Pregnancy talent #2


I have NEVER been somebody with a sweet tooth. Yes I'll occasionally have a slice of cake with a cup of coffee at a cafe when I'm in the mood but I don't stock ice-cream or cakes or or sweets cookies or chocolates in the house. It's just the way I've been brought up - we never had any cakes or Western confectionery in the house. I don't THINK about desserts when I finish my main meal. 

That, my friends, has all changed since getting pregnant. Now in my last trimester, I have turned into a pudding (British for dessert) monster. I like sherbets, jellies, cakes, trifles, ice-creams, mousses, chocolates, yoghurts, have I mentioned cakes? 

I don't eat huge amounts (but I know I can be capable of that if I become weak-willed) or eat them everyday but it's the fact that I now actually CRAVE for all these sweet desserts which scare me. I actually consciously THINK about them and hover around Marks and Spencer's dessert section salivating at all the scrumptious cakes. 

When I went to my sister-in-law's yesterday, I had a chocolate muffin with icing and chocolate Easter eggs AND a generous dollop of raspberry trifle. Before this I had a cup of fruit jelly. 

Oh it's bad. I'm terrified I'll become a real fatty. Oh it depresses me. 

I think I need a cookie.

2 comments:

shir said...

wow! can i join u in the dessert feasting? hehee...

A Bun in the Oven said...

Yes please join me in getting fat. My latest craving is Marks and Spencer's fruit sherbets and any type of citrusy sorbet!