Sunday 4 April 2010

Week 27: Nesting



I debated with myself if I should post the picture of me wearing barely nothing but I really want you to see my bump since most of you won't be able to see it in person. I'll be 7 months pregnant next week and Bean is really growing at an astonishing rate. Both Bean and I will be experiencing a massive growth spurt in the next couple of months. I can only hope he is not one of those massive monster babies and I don't morph into a giant whale, because believe it or not, I haven't really put on that much weight so far, as you can see above. 

This week, Bean is really responding to sounds and is moving around quite a lot. He can also now open and close his eyes. (Not that I can see). Carrying him now puts a strain on my back and I am really feeling less mobile and agile with a bump sticking out in the front. It tends to brush against or bump into things. 

We went to IKEA on Thursday just to check out what kind of furniture items we may need for our redecoration project. There are a few pieces we would like to pick up - including a cot, rugs, a chest of drawers, standed lamps and other bits and bobs. But I feel we should first sort the rooms out - i.e. reorganise and move existing furniture into the respective rooms we want them in and clear out unwanted items - before we go on a buying spree. 

On Good Friday we spent a good few hours painting the baby room. It looks horribly patchy at the moment with only one coat of paint but next week we want to give it another go and when that's finished I'll put up some cute wall stickers. 

This weekend I cleaned and cooked, went to my sister-in-law's for an Easter egg hunt she organised for her grandchildren, and slept in late. It's lovely not to think about work for a few days. 

I haven't exactly put my feet up and just rot on the couch over the long weekend, but it feels good to succumb to the nesting instinct and busy myself around the house. Because frankly, if Bean wasn't on his way, we wouldn't be as motivated to get things sorted. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, is an Ikea cot stable enough for baby's safety?

shir

A Bun in the Oven said...

Yes they are pretty sturdy - unless you have a hyperactive baby gorilla I guess!