Saturday 9 January 2010

Week 15: Enjoying the ride























This has been one of my few quiet weeks. Apart from the visit to the obstetrician in my local hospital, who confirmed my brown spotting is nothing to worry about, I feel so well this week, I could even forget I am pregnant! 

My uterus has shifted upwards and is about 3 inches below my belly button, which means it is no longer pressing on my bladder and I am not running to the toilet 4 times a night. I get up at least once every night to go to the toilet, but there have been some nights where I sleep through. I am also sleeping a lot better compared to during my first few weeks of pregnancy, and as a result, I feel a lot better in the day. I am less moody, I concentrate better, my appetite has improved and I just feel happier! 

On some occasions I have been able to feel tiny movements, known as quickening. At the moment I don't get these feelings regularly, but as Bean continue to grow I will get to sense his little kicks more often. This week, Bean has been busy practising how to breathe by inhaling and exhaling fluid in the amniotic sac, while I have been finding it hard to catch my breath sometimes since my heart is working 20% harder for the both of us. 

I am planning to do aqua-aerobics and pregnancy yoga classes as I have heard the exercise really helps to make the delivery quicker and easier. I've also been thinking if I should take 6 or 9 months off work. I only get a fraction of my salary toward the last months of the maternity leave, but while you can always earn the money back someday, you can't get back those moments with your baby which you have missed out on. 

We are also making plans for my mother to visit and look after me when the baby is born and for us to spend a few months back in Singapore later this year. 

This week finally, I am starting to fully enjoy the experience of being pregnant! 

No comments: