Saturday 30 January 2010

Week 18: Itchy Belly

This week, I noticed that if I eat slowly, in small quantities and earlier in the evening, I don't feel the effects of indigestion as much. For a couple of nights now I haven't had to take Gaviscon after my evening meal and can sleep peacefully through the night. Also, I have found that eating a couple of Rich Tea biscuits near bedtime helps to settle the stomach and stop the churning, so I snack on one or two of them in between meals just to keep the acid at bay. 

I can feel Bean moving everyday now, twitching, stretching, punching. Some days he's a bit more active and other days he prefers to be laidback. I feel him moving the most when I sit cross-legged on the bed or sofa, or if I lie on my sides with my belly touching the bed. 

On Tuesday I went to Marks and Spencer's to get measured for maternity bras. The sales advisor was really friendly and gave good advice on how to go about selecting suitable ones. I tried on a few and with her help, managed to pick two which fitted me well. 

I decided to get the maternity bras because I could feel I was out-growing my usual underwear and I felt it was necessary to give my ever growing chest the right support to minimise on stretch marks. On that note, I am also now wearing a bra to bed every night. Thankfully, maternity bras do not come with underwire so they are extremely comfortable. 

As my skin on my belly and boobs stretch and expand, I am itching like crazy everyday. I ought to be wearing mittens because my belly already has ugly red lines caused by my excessive scratching throughout the day. But the itch is so unbearable even Bio Oil doesn't help! 

In two days I'll be having my 19-week scan and I do hope everything goes well. Watch this space for updates!

No comments: