Monday 4 January 2010

Worry over!

Finally, after two weeks of fretting, I went for my antenatal check-up at the hospital and finally found out what is causing the brown discharge. 

The obstetrician did a cervical examination and told me the bleeding is not from the uterus but from the cervix. I have what's called cervical ectropion, which is common among pregnant women. 

Because the reproductive organs are so swollen with blood during this time, the skin is sensitive and can break easily. I have a 1cm little tear which is slowly bleeding, which explains the brown spotting. It should resolve on its own in its own time. 

Aside from the cervical examination, the doctor also pressed and felt my tummy to ascertain the size of the baby, which she found satisfactory. 

Now that I know everything is normal, I can finally start to enjoy being fat and pregnant! 

No comments: